- The Hong Kong Doctors Union consists of more than 1,700 registered medical practitioners in Hong Kong with majority in private practice, as well as some in public services. Most of us are practising family medicine, in close contact with the Hong Kong community.
- HKDU calls on all frontline medical workers to conscientiously work together and cooperate with the government in combating the present threat of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Atypical Pneumonia).
- We call on the government to reinforce preventive measures, such as strictly enforcing Isolation Procedures through isolating suspected contacts, sterilization of affected premises public or private, encouraging wearing of masks and distribute masks free to all public and private frontline medical workers, citizens seeking treatment as well as relatives and friends and even to citizens in crowded places.
- We request the government to provide the guidelines on symptoms and signs of Atypical Pneumonia as well as preventive measures of the disease to all private medical practitioners.
- Since some public medical services have been suspended from lack of medical personnel, we suggest that the government and private medical practitioners cooperate to channel patients to volunteer private doctors' clinics temporarily.
Contact person: Dr. Yeung Chiu Fat, President, Hong Kong Doctors Union
Pager - 7838 2831
- 香港西醫工會有超過 1,700 位公家與私家醫生會員，而以後者為多。由於大部份為家庭醫生，所以我們跟香港社會各階層有密切的接觸。